Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Stats Update

I totally meant to do this every week, just as I have meant to eat a healthier diet, and exercise more.

So at long last, I will update, though there is unfortunately not much change to report (I guess that goes along with the eating healthier and exercising more).

Original Versus Now (Nov. 20, 2015 vs. Jan. 22, 2016):

Weight: 200.6... 196.8 (-3.8)

Bust: 43 inches... same

Waist: 39 inches... 37 inches (-2 inches!)

Hips: 45 inches... 44.5 (-0.5 inches)

Thighs: 25.5 inches [each]... same

Upper arms: 14 inches [each]... 13.5 (-0.5 inches)

Neck: 14 inches... 13.5 (-0.5 inches)

Clothing size: 14/16... same

Of these, I am most stoked about the waist change! Two inches is pretty good, especially since my efforts have been somewhat lacking. And none of my measurements have gone up, which seems good!

You see, as anyone who reads my homeschool blog knows, I tend to an all or nothing approach. It has taken me years of homeschooling to adopt a more moderate path. And now I see I need to do the same with my health. I know I won't eat a perfectly clean, organic, balanced-down-to-the-last-calorie diet. I know I won't be running 5 miles a day any time soon.

What I know I can do, is this. First, a balanced approach to eating. I do like healthy foods overall. They make me feel better. I can eats lots of veggies, buy whole grains/whole grain products, drink my water/herbal tea. I can cook healthy meals that the whole family enjoys, and find good dessert options. I can take a break at work each day, and walk a quick mile. I can make better use of all the fitness equipment I have... a treadmill, a Bowflex, Wii Fit, a bicycle... I also know that too much protein makes me feel constipated (I know, sorry... TMI), and that I need to have a sweet treat at bedtime, or I'll want to snack endlessly.  (which is why I'm always on the hunt for healthy, low cal, yummy desserts).

I get Shape magazine, and read a really good article last night: The 10 Rules of Weight Loss That Lasts. Basically, the article nails moderation... be moderate in food choices, balance cardio with strength training, be reasonable. Or, look at it this way...


I think I'll limit my stat posts to once a month, so I can actually see some progress. In the meantime, I think I might make myself a star chart for instant feedback... I could do one sticker for healthy eating, a second for getting in my fluids, and a third for workouts! That way, I have a great visual reminder of what I've done, and what I have yet to do.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment