Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

A Fresh Start...


Here's to 2016!

On the first (I know, very cliché), I started what I hope will be a major lifestyle change. I went to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. I was really nervous about going, but M seems to having great success with AA, so I thought it was worth a try. And we can sort of work the twelve steps together—I say "sort of" because I'm sure we'll move through them at different rates at times.

It's been four days of "abstinence" at this point. So far, I am only following their "3-0-1" recommendation... three meals a day, zero binge foods (and snacks), and then am following intuitive eating for actual meal times. So far, so good. I am trying not to weigh myself too much either..maybe once a week? I'm enjoying my meals, and am learning more about feeling when I am actually hungry, versus wanting to eat because I am bored, or something else. I'll gradually work on making those meals healthier. I do want to read The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction for some ideas on how to move forward. And I want to strat tracking on MyFitnessPal again, which I have gotten very lax about doing.

I don't have a sponsor, at least not yet. I do have several numbers I can call or text from the meeting I attended, which, by the way, was small with only 7 or 8 people. They were very welcoming, and didn't make me share yet, or anything like that. I'll do that later on!

One of the reasons I chose OA versus Food Addicts Anonymous, etc., was that they don't have a specific diet plan. This is my journey, and I do poorly with following limitations set by others, at least when it comes to food!

Anyhow, that's where I am now. I'm working on eating to care for my body. I am working on keeping moving, though the rain doesn't help.

Here's today's inspiration... and Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment