Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Making Some Progress...AT Last!

First off, I have now passed the TWENTY POUND mark! Of course, it's taken me since December to do that, hence the name of the blog.

image courtesy of pinterest
 But, in the last few days, with some adjustments, I see the weight is coming off a smidgen faster!

Diet Adjustments
image courtesy of dietdoctor.com
I caved, and started up with the South Beach Diet, phase one. I know, I know... I said I would not follow a "diet" again, but it works, and is easy to follow. I can cook meals, add one thing for the family (or not), and be good. I'm not generally hungry. I did add a little extra protein, especially to snacks, to keep at the level my wellness coach recommended. And as I've been at sort of a plateau the last few weeks, I thought this might help me get past it. K recommended I change something up a little if I felt stuck, so cutting out grains/starches for a couple of weeks didn't seem too bad.

Exercise Adjustments
image courtesy of rundmach.wordpress.com
I've been running! Well, okay... jogging, alternating with walking. But it is something I am actually enjoying, and I feel really good afterwards. Most of the time, I practice this from home to a nearby park and back, a two mile round trip. On Thursdays though, while the kids are at derby/parkour, I practice on a longer route, at about 2.5 miles. I am hoping eventually to be stronger and faster at this, and to be able to log 2-3 miles at a steady pace most days. I am not interested in marathons, or things of that sort... just running enough for health and enjoyment.

I'll check in again on Sunday or Monday, after my next weigh-in!

Inspiration for today...

image courtesy of healthyplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment