Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Another Fresh Start to the Week...

Sundays are always so promising... a fresh start to the week. I weigh in every Sunday morning, take a picture of the scale, and text it in to my coach. Here's this week's pic...


versus the original weigh-in...



Which is a loss of eight pounds in six weeks! A little slower than I would like, but at the same time, it is a respectful 1.33 pounds per week on average.

Which, believe me, is better than NO weight loss, or gaining weight.

And for me, the positive changes go far beyond the scale. I've dropped inches, gained energy, sleep better, feel better, and best of all... I have a confidence in this journey that I didn't have before.

Yesterday, I tried something new, and fell in love. This is how my coach lost her weight, so here she is, doing what I now really want to do more of...

Look at her awesome arm and shoulder muscles!
Yep, that's TRX, or "Total Body Resistance Exercise"

TRX is AWESOME! It really made me use my body-weight and muscles differently. And I loved how it felt doing it. Today, I can definitely feel what I did yesterday.

I want to do it again!

Besides trying out TRX, which my coach set up for me and a couple of other ladies with her trainer, I've actually been running this week. Sometimes outside, sometimes on the treadmill. I'm not using a program for this currently.. just running as much as I can. Friday, for example, I ran 4 out of 6 "laps" (1/4 mile) on the treadmill. The day before, I ran about half of 2.25 miles outside. It's hard—I won't deny it is hard—but how I feel afterwards is worth it. And sometimes I even enjoy it in the process of doing it!
Oh, and I know I'm technically "jogging", not "running", but with the effort I'm putting in, I'm sticking with calling it running, thank you very much.

As for food, I did pretty well this week, though I had a couple of slip-ups, namely some homemade cookies from my mom one day, and some peanut-butter filled pretzels another day when I woke up starving, and in a hurry.

So, goals this upcoming week:

At least 4 more runs (not jogs!)

Karate one night

TRX if at all possible... I will find a way!

Bowflex at least twice

NO junk food! Clean diet, which means preparation and planning!

Inspiration for the week's beginning:

image courtesy of shreddedbyscience.com
and

image courtesy of favim.com


No comments:

Post a Comment