Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Check-in... Challenge Week Two Down!

I have finished my second week of the Twelve Week Challenge! And, since Tuesday, I have hit both my protein and water goals every day! I'm pretty happy about that—at first, I thought the water goal was darn near impossible, but as long as I'm halfway there by midday, it's manageable. I'm still working on the five meals a day part, but am getting there. I found the Insanity diet guidelines, which have some good small-meal ideas, and I know there are a ton of other ideas out there on the internet.

That said, here's my progress so far...

Week One: Starting Weight

Week Two: Down 2.6 pounds
Week Three: Down another 2.4 pounds
I am definitely making progress! I actually set up a separate weight loss ticker just for the Challenge (see the footer of this blog), and have set 20 pounds in 12 weeks as my goal.

My focus points for this week:
  • Worry about protein and water (and for my own goals, fiber), not calories
  • Eat a mini-meal within 30 minutes of waking up (so far, I can do smoothies, but nothing too solid, and I've gotten it to within 45 minutes of waking up, but that's it)
  • Getting my exercise routine in place. I was sick this last week with a cold, and didn't exercise much at all, which makes a 2.4 pound weight loss all that much sweeter! This week, I'm off from work, so I'm joining my wellness coach, K, for hour long workouts Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. See other plans below.
I think I've finally come up with a manageable exercise plan, taking my busy schedule into account...

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Insanity workout, plus as much walking as I can
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: C25K + Bowflex, and as much walking as I can

I'll be test-running this over the next couple of weeks. Yesterday was the first time in days I felt like exercising at all, so I did some Amazon streaming stuff - a mixture of kickboxing, yoga, plank work, and tai chi.

See you in a week—maybe sooner, maybe not!

image courtesy of purehappylife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment