Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Going Up?

Well, at least my weight has been the last several days. I think I'm in a funk, and when I'm in a funk, it's food to the rescue! And so naturally, I put on a few pounds, between the potato chips, macaroons, and even just too much "good" food.

Obviously, I need to find healthier ways to deal with feeling a little blue.


Life can be difficult. At the moment, I am trying to balance two jobs, school, homeschooling, housework/cooking, taking care of an aging and unhealthy father (though I do have help there, from my sister), and the fact that my husband is unemployed, and grumpy about it. Sometimes this load feels doable, other times it feels very heavy.

Anyhow, back to food, overeating, weight loss, etc. 

I need to find balance.


While I remain very entranced by the ideas behind intuitive eating, I am having a hard time with the practical application. For example, if I decide, after listening to my body, that I really want tomato soup for lunch, do I need to rush to the store to buy tomato soup? I know... that's a ridiculous example, but there it is. And I know potato chips aren't good for me, but I really like them, and with IE, I can have them, as there are no "bad" foods.

So I've decided to recharge myself with some reading (one of my favorite, favorite things to do!), and have lined up the following:

Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
The Slow Down Diet: Eating for Pleasure, Energy, and Weightloss
No Sweat: How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness

Yes, weight loss is something I am aiming for. But I want more! As you can see, I am trying to find a place where I am happy with my body, where I am nourishing it, and enjoying food and exercise. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS.

And yeah, it's going to take me a while. A snail's pace!


No comments:

Post a Comment